Thursday, July 21, 2016

Mom - your garage is bigger than my townhouse!!!!

I've been home for almost two weeks - so nice to be in one place for longer than a week at a time - but I'm heading back to the promise land next week.

This week has been filled with Ryan putting a bid on a townhouse, inspection and if all goes well, closing the end of August!  So - he had a little time to spare and he whipped out to the job site.  Now - first let me show you a photo to remind you what we started with!

My cute little church from the back.  Pretty plain, but wait!!!  It all started here.

A large slab of cement - yes that's going to be an attached garage.  One of the things on my want list when I was moving to Iowa was an attached garage - you know they have snow there.....I should say SNOW!!!!!!  So it's going to be a 2 car plus garage with an upper floor for storage, but I could finish it out for a renter or caretaker - but storage is what I need now.  The church has lots of usable space inside - but I need storage - hence.....



the call from Ryan, Mom - your garage is bigger than my condo.......!!!!!!   I laughed - but he's probably right.  The second photo shows the upstairs area (storage center).  I can hardly wait to see it!! 
 
Then while I'm up there - if you look close - you can see that there is another slab coming out between the 4th and 5th stain glass windows....that is where there will be a screened in patio.  Won't be long - I just have to order the door!  Hello - Mr. Pella man!!??
 
So - the guys are working and oh - look - the fireplace has some insulated boards around it - so you can get a better idea of what it will look like!
So - there you have it.  The little church will soon have new occupants, a large white dog and an little old round lady.  There's more to come - so stay tune!!

No comments:

Post a Comment